Pursuing the Highest Standards of Excellence
Established in 1958, the former Dalat Institute of Higher Education (Viện Đại học Đà Lạt) is the first institute for higher education in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Following Decision No. 426/TTg dated 27 October 1976 by Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Dalat Institute of Higher Education was reorganized as Dalat University (Trường Đại học Đà Lạt), a non-profit public multi-disciplinary university of the modern-day Vietnam. Dalat University nowadays is the oldest and biggest higher-education institution located in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, offering 56 academic programs including 42 Undergraduate, 08 Master's, and 06 Doctoral programs.
Highlights – What makes us distinct
- The first university in Vietnam applying the academic credit system in higher education (1994).
- One of the first 20 public universities in Vietnam accredited by the Ministry of Education and Training (2009).
- One of the first 4 universities in Vietnam approved as a full member of the CDIO Organization (2016).
- The biggest university in the Central Highlands of Vietnam.
- One of the 5 universities in Vietnam allowed to train Nuclear Engineering Programme (2012).
- The Dalat University Journal of Science is one of 6 scholarly journals in Vietnam indexed in ASEAN Citation Index (2017).
- Dalat University Journal of Science is the only one scholarly journal in Vietnam indexed in DOAJ with DOAJ Seal (2020).
Facts and Figures
- 01 Institute of Research and Hi-tech Application in Agriculture.
- 06 Faculties in Natural Sciences and Technology, including: Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry;Faculty of Biology; Faculty of Chemistry and Environment;Faculty of Information Technology; Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science; and Faculty of Physics and Nuclear Engineering.
- 10 Faculties in Social Sciences and Humanities, including: Faculty of Economics and Business Administration; Faculty of Foreign Language; Faculty of Literature and History; Faculty of Law Studies; Faculty of Physical Education – National Defense and Security Education; Faculty of Oriental Studies; Faculty of Pedagogy; Faculty of Philosophy; Faculty of Sociology and Social Work; and Faculty of Tourism.
- 04 Centers for training, education, and student services.
- ~500 faculty and staff members.
Facilities and Equipment
- A 32 bulding-40 hectare campus that has been honoured as the most beautiful university campus in Vietnam.
- Dormitory with 6 buildings accommodating 1000 students.
- A five building-Central Library with total area of 8400-meter square.
- An Inter-Discipline Purpose Laboratory.
- A Lab of Nuclear Reactor Core Simulator using CoSI 1000 system.
- A Lab of X-ray Application.
- A Lab of Radiation Application in Agriculture, Medical, and Industry.
- Address: 01 Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lamdong Province, Vietnam
- Telephone: +84 263 3822 246
- Facsimile: +84 263 3823 380
- Website: dlu.edu.vn
- Email: email@example.com
The Dalat University Journal of Science is sponsored by Dalat University. It is DLU JOS’s policy that there are no submission fees and publication fees. We also provide immediate open access to the content of the journal on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The corresponding author will, at no cost, receive a printed copy of the journal in which the article is published (person-to-person delivery at the DLU-JOS Editorial Office or by post). For an extra charge, paper offprints can be ordered via our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Both corresponding and co-authors may order offprints at any time via the DLU-JOS’s offcial email.